San Francisco City Hall Events Logotype

License & Certificate

The City Hall Events Office does not handle any of the legal aspects of your wedding in City Hall, including providing an officiant or managing marriage licenses and certificates.

As marriage is managed at the County level, local clients may procure a marriage license from, and schedule an officiant through, the Office of the County Clerk for the City and County of San Francisco.

You may also utilize an officiant from your family, friend circle or faith community, according to marriage officiant guidelines from the State of California.

Clients traveling to San Francisco for a wedding can work with their local County Clerk to procure a marriage license. Please note that your marriage certificate must be filed with the same County from which you received your license.